NVNA and Hospice specialty teams were developed to assure that the highest quality of care is always provided to our patients. The teams are comprised of credentialed specialists who provide:
- monthly education for staff on state of the art practices that can improve patient outcomes
- consultation for staff requesting individual case(s) conferencing
- education for patients, families and caregivers.
Our specialty teams are multi-disciplinary (nursing, rehab therapies, social work, professional support) and address all aspects of patient care. The team approach enables all clinicians to be on the “same page”, providing patients with continuity of care between departments. All teaching is evidenced-based and current to professional practice standards of care.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Specialty Team
Includes Certified Dementia Practitioners (CDPs)
- Congestive Heart Failure Disease Management Specialty Team
Includes Cardiac Home Care Nurse Practitioner
- Diabetes Disease Management Specialty Team
Includes Nutritionist, Nurses, Rehab specialists
- Falls Prevention Specialty Team
Led by Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Pain Management Specialty Team
Includes Nurse Practitioner
- Wound Care Specialty Team
Led by Certified Wound Care and Ostomy Nurse (CWCON)
We always provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
Specialty Programs for patients with chronic diseases focus on motivating and empowering the patient to "live with" their condition - making them most able to stay safely at home with the best possible quality of life. Specialty team goals include:
- reduce complications
- decrease health costs
- educate the patient and the caregiver
- improve the patient’s quality of life
In all cases, our specialty home care programs focus on making home care an attractive alternative to facility care for patients, family, referral sources and payors by getting patients out of the hospital as quickly as possible with the support of trained home health care professionals.