Full-time and part-time(weekends)
Responsible for receiving and processing referrals to the Agency for home care services.
- 3+ years nursing experience required.
- Established relationship within the Boston Hospitals.
- Liaison experience- establishing relationships and facilitating referrals/admissions within the Boston health care community required.
- Must have direct patient care experience within the last five years
- Must have strong clinical assessment skills.
- Hospice and/or Palliative experience and knowledge of discharge planning/case management strongly preferred
- Must have clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to create an effective patient transition plan and identify barriers in service, effectively conduct verbal or written patient assessments, carry out the referral process, and coordinate with other individuals involved in the plan of care.
- Understanding of home care and hospice services and regulations,
- Knowledgeable about disease states and prognosis and how illness progresses clinically and functionally.
- Knowledgeable of how the range of home care services can help patients with a wide range of needs from post surgical care to palliative care to end of life care
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, energy and creativity.
- Ability to work as part of a team and form harmonious working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with customers and management.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent telephone, interpersonal and written communication skills are required
- Strong commitment to teamwork and customer service, both internally and externally, is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and electronic health record strongly desired